Writefish terms and conditions
- Authority to proceed on your job indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions on this page, and on quotes and invoices.
- For new clients, I may require a deposit.
- From some large projects, I negotiate regular progress payments.
- I invoice fortnightly, at the middle and end of each month.
- Terms are 14 days, clearly specified on quotes and invoices.
- 30-day terms are negotiable for some clients.
- Payment by electronic funds transfer (EFT) only.
- I don’t issue statements, so please pay on invoice.
Writefish isn’t currently registered to collect GST. Because some of my work is contract based, the effective GST collection threshold is relatively high. At the moment, I find it mutually convenient not to be registered, but this may change as contracts change.
Australia enjoys strong intellectual property (IP) laws and moral rights obligations, which means I automatically own shared copyright in all the work I do until it’s paid for (at which point you then own the IP).
Writefish is committed to providing clients with services and advice that contribute to the client’s business objectives. However, the client remains solely responsible for any decisions resulting from such services and advice, and responsible for any business outcomes achieved or not achieved. In providing professional writing, editing and proofreading services and advice, Writefish assumes no management responsibility for the client’s business decisions, policies or practices. As such, the client agrees to hold Writefish free of all liability and responsibility for any client business actions or outcomes resulting from services, advice or information provided by Writefish.